The first film listed under the banner is Kelly's Tales, while the first movie to start production under Darko is a flick called Dirty Girl, which will be helmed by Abe Sylvia. After that is The Box -- Kelly's psychological thriller that stars Cameron Diaz. McKittrick says: "Our goal is to get behind filmmakers with unique voices and take advantage of the Darko brand to help independent films reach a much wider audience." This begs the question: will Kelly's future work not have the surprising, mood-changing edits, since they want to help unique voices? He got to where he is right now because of the huge edits on Donnie Darko, and I doubt the film would've been half as big if our first serving of Darko was the Director's Cut.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!