The indie horror thriller has been written by Jeff Buhler (the upcoming Midnight Meat Train adaptation), who will also make his directorial debut. The plot involves a mental hospital (aka, umm, insanitarium) where a crazy doctor (Stormare, possibly channeling his character from Minority Report) experiments with his patients, giving them a drug that turns them into flesh-eating psychopaths. Metcalfe plays a guy who fakes crazy in order to join his sister (Sanchez) in the hospital, and save her. That leaves Sussman and Munn, both of whom hopefully get to eat a lot of flesh. The movie is being produced by Mason Novick (film fest sensation Juno), J.C. Spink (The Butterfly Effect), his partner, Chris Bender (Red Eye) and Andrew Golov and Larry Shapiro, who also produced an upcoming movie titled Zombie Strippers.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!