New Line was nice enough to provide Cinematical with the exclusive one-sheet for Love in the Time of Cholera (click on the poster for a larger version), based on Nobel Prize-winning author Gabriel García Márquez's novel of the same name. Adapted for the screen by Oscar winner Ronald Harwood (The Pianist) and directed by Mike Newell (Donnie Brasco, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), Love in the Time of Cholera tells the tale of two lovers, Florentino Ariza (Javier Bardem) and Fermina Daza (Giovanna Mezzogiorno), one more obsessed than the other, who part ways at an early age to live two very different lives. The film then tracks each over the years (we're talking late 19th century through the first decades of the 20th century), while Fermina settles down with a doctor (Benjamin Bratt) her father forces her to wed and Florentino engages in 622 affairs (not kidding about that) in an attempt to mask the pain he feels due to the one that got away. Also starring in this sure-to-be-an-Oscar-contender are Liev Schreiber, John Leguizamo, the very lovely (and talented) Catalina Sandino Moreno and Hector Elizondo. Love in the Time of Cholera (which also happens to be one of my favorite titles of all time for a number of reasons -- love is but a disease, after all) arrives in theaters on November 16.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!