After a rapturous reception, rave reviews and winning the Palme D'Or at Cannes earlier this year, Romanian writer/director Christian Mungiu's film 4 Months, 3 Weeks and Two Days has finally made it to North America -- playing at both the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals. Set in Romania during the last days of Ceaucescu, 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days follows two college roommates, Otilia (Anamaria Marinca) and Gabita (Laura Vasiliu); Gabita's trying to arrange an illegal abortion; Otilia's standing by her friend, no matter what the cost. It's a film with rough-hewn humanity and blunt realism, the tension of a nail-biting thriller and the unblinking gaze of a documentary. Cinematical had the chance to speak with Mungiu in Toronto, and the soft-spoken writer-director shared his thoughts on his directing process, his film's possible reception in America and the personal stories that drove him to make this film. You can download the entire interview by clicking here.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!