Chris Bishop started his comedy writing career on The Drew Carey Show back in 1995, and has worked on and off in TV since then. Jeff the Immortal will be his first feature film script. Bishop has also just handed in a first draft to Warner Independent for the remake of Night of the Living Dorks (Nacht der lebenden Loser, Die), a 2004 German comedy about three losers who bungle a voodoo ritual and wind up as the living dead. On board to produce Jeff for Universal is Marc Platt Productions. Platt is also behind Angelina Jolie's comic book flick Wanted and the Jonathan Demme comedy Dancing with Shiva. Since Jeff is still in the early stages of production, there is no word on a director or star. But lately, comedies have proven they can pull in the box-office, so I would guess that Universal will want to get to work as soon as possible.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!