Cinematical was lucky enough to land the final one-sheet for the award-winning (and highly-anticipated) drama Control, which marks the feature film directorial debut of photographer and visual artist Anton Corbijn. Control follows the life and times of Ian Curtis (Sam Riley), the enigmatic lead singer of the British band Joy Division. The film has already won tons of praise following its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year, where our own James Rocchi had this to say: "I joke that any rock and roll film can be judged solely on how fiercely it makes you want to go to the record shop immediately afterwards, but Control doesn't just capture the music of Joy Division; it brings Ian Curtis off the posters, out of the speakers, and in doing so rescues a man from his own myth." Control has already snagged one award in Cannes, as well as two more (Michael Powell award for Best New British Feature, PGA Award for Best Performance in a British Film -- Sam Riley) at the Edinburgh Film Festival back in August. Control will begin its screenings at the Toronto International Film Festival tomorrow night, and is set to arrive in theaters on October 10.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- Jon Snow with Short Hair - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!