Cinematical was lucky enough to land the final one-sheet for the award-winning (and highly-anticipated) drama Control, which marks the feature film directorial debut of photographer and visual artist Anton Corbijn. Control follows the life and times of Ian Curtis (Sam Riley), the enigmatic lead singer of the British band Joy Division. The film has already won tons of praise following its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year, where our own James Rocchi had this to say: "I joke that any rock and roll film can be judged solely on how fiercely it makes you want to go to the record shop immediately afterwards, but Control doesn't just capture the music of Joy Division; it brings Ian Curtis off the posters, out of the speakers, and in doing so rescues a man from his own myth." Control has already snagged one award in Cannes, as well as two more (Michael Powell award for Best New British Feature, PGA Award for Best Performance in a British Film -- Sam Riley) at the Edinburgh Film Festival back in August. Control will begin its screenings at the Toronto International Film Festival tomorrow night, and is set to arrive in theaters on October 10.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!