He didn't say too much about the film. It is called Brilliance, it will start shooting this winter, and it's about diamond thieves. What is interesting is his praise for the Jo: "Scarlett is one of the sexiest actresses around. And she can just become her characters... It's stuff like that which makes you know someone's a star." In there, he mentions a scene where she was laughing, but when the camera rolled, she was crying. Now, props should be given to someone who can cry on-cue, but I'm not sure that's becoming the character. I am not as anti-Scarlett as some, but I wouldn't say she's amazing at becoming other people. Ellen Burstyn, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, and those types, sure. Each of them has made me forget who they are and be enveloped in their role. Johansson, on the other hand, has never made me forget who she is. We've already hashed out her talents, or lack thereof, before -- but who would you consider to be great actors who become their characters?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!