As I mentioned, Punisher: War Zone will be a totally isolated movie, with no connection to the previous adaptations from 1989 (the Dolph Lundgren one) and 2004 (the Thomas Jane one). The franchise reboot will be directed by Lexi Alexander (Hooligans) and will star Ray Stevenson (HBO's Rome) as the vigilante Frank Castle, aka The Punisher. All that is known about the plot is that it will be set in New York City and involves Castle's pursuit of a mobster. Personally, the whole time I was reading comics, I thought this was the only plot ever in the Punisher titles. I have to admit, though, that aside from The Punisher Meets Archie, I never even flipped through a Punisher book. Still, my ignorance and expectations aside, I'd much rather watch any comic book movie set in the Big Apple than set in Tampa, so at least that factor has me interested in this latest version.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!