Originally the film was set for release on October 12, which would have slated the film to open against Elizabeth: The Golden Age with Cate Blanchett and Kenneth Branagh's Sleuth update -- neither of which was really in direct competition, so a lack of studio confidence probably was not behind the switch. Hitman will now open closer to Thanksgiving, on November 21, the same weekend as Frank Darabont's The Mist, which in my mind might present more of a challenge for Agent 47 in a competition for audiences. But there's plenty of box-office to go around during a holiday weekend, so Fox is probably hoping to cash in on that fact. IGN reports that Fox should be making an official announcement later this week, so I hope this is the last delay for the film before it hits theaters this November.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!