Originally the film was set for release on October 12, which would have slated the film to open against Elizabeth: The Golden Age with Cate Blanchett and Kenneth Branagh's Sleuth update -- neither of which was really in direct competition, so a lack of studio confidence probably was not behind the switch. Hitman will now open closer to Thanksgiving, on November 21, the same weekend as Frank Darabont's The Mist, which in my mind might present more of a challenge for Agent 47 in a competition for audiences. But there's plenty of box-office to go around during a holiday weekend, so Fox is probably hoping to cash in on that fact. IGN reports that Fox should be making an official announcement later this week, so I hope this is the last delay for the film before it hits theaters this November.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!