Originally the film was set for release on October 12, which would have slated the film to open against Elizabeth: The Golden Age with Cate Blanchett and Kenneth Branagh's Sleuth update -- neither of which was really in direct competition, so a lack of studio confidence probably was not behind the switch. Hitman will now open closer to Thanksgiving, on November 21, the same weekend as Frank Darabont's The Mist, which in my mind might present more of a challenge for Agent 47 in a competition for audiences. But there's plenty of box-office to go around during a holiday weekend, so Fox is probably hoping to cash in on that fact. IGN reports that Fox should be making an official announcement later this week, so I hope this is the last delay for the film before it hits theaters this November.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!