According to The Hollywood Reporter, Emerging Pictures founder Ira Deutchman and producer Will Packer are teaming with Clark Atlanta University to start a film marketing and distribution course for African-American college students across the country, including HBCU -- Historically Black Colleges and Universities. It will be organized by a prof, led by industry names and then aired on the Internet. The course will first focus on Honeydripper, before the film is released in New York and LA on December 28 (along with Atlanta and Chicago on January 18 and wide release the month after). Selected students will work with the film's distribution team to create and and put into action a grassroots marketing campaign. How cool is that?! Lucky buggers.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!