According to The Hollywood Reporter, Emerging Pictures founder Ira Deutchman and producer Will Packer are teaming with Clark Atlanta University to start a film marketing and distribution course for African-American college students across the country, including HBCU -- Historically Black Colleges and Universities. It will be organized by a prof, led by industry names and then aired on the Internet. The course will first focus on Honeydripper, before the film is released in New York and LA on December 28 (along with Atlanta and Chicago on January 18 and wide release the month after). Selected students will work with the film's distribution team to create and and put into action a grassroots marketing campaign. How cool is that?! Lucky buggers.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!