The film follows a superhero (Smith) who has fallen on hard times, and is prone to drinking and womanizing. To make matters worse for our soused hero is an "affair" with the wife (Theron) of a PR agent (Jason Bateman) working on his comeback. Directed by Peter Berg, the script was written by John August (Berg also helped out in the writing department.). August also recently signed to write the big-screen version of the DC comic Shazam! and has his own directorial debut, The Nines, arriving in theaters later this month. Early reviews of the Hancock script weren't exactly positive, but there have probably been more than a few re-writes since Latino Review got their hands on it back in May. There have already been a few photos released on the net, but this batch is the first to give us a look at more than Smith trussed up in wires. If nothing else, they seem to confirm that the movie is on track for July, 2008 release.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!