In addition to Wallace and Combs, Notorious will be produced by Biggie's managers Wayne Barrow and Mark Pitts and Robert Teitel (Barbershop). Supposedly the project's previous director, Antoine Fuqua, had problems with the film being produced by people more knowledgeable about music than film, but new helmer George Tillman Jr. (Soul Food) shouldn't have the same issues. Aside from the fact that Tillman's experienced producing partner (Teitel) is on board, the director hopefully understands the importance and benefit of working with so many people who knew Biggie. The actual script, written by Cheo Hodari Coker and Reggie Bock Bythewood (Get on the Bus), is based on Coker's book Unbelievable: The LIfe, Death and Afterlife of the Notorious B.I.G. And as we learned last week, the part of Biggie will be cast with an unknown. According to the IMDb, other Biggie projects in the works include a made-for-cable movie titled Notorious, about the deaths of Biggie and Tupac, directed by and starring Sylvester Stallone (!) and a new documentary titled Notorious B.I.G. Bigger Than Life.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!