This should be a good boost for the filmmaker, who won a Berlinale Teddy for her short: El Día que morí. She's currently working on a film called Circumstance, which discusses the current social climate in Iran through two adolescent girls. "As they navigate and rebel against the strict rules of their culture and environment, the two girls must also grapple with their intense and complex relationship with each other." It sounds like an interesting film, and I'm sure we'll hear more about it soon, as it was the project Keshavarz used in the Sundance Labs. Kudos, Maryam, and I can't wait to see what you make of it!
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!