This should be a good boost for the filmmaker, who won a Berlinale Teddy for her short: El Día que morí. She's currently working on a film called Circumstance, which discusses the current social climate in Iran through two adolescent girls. "As they navigate and rebel against the strict rules of their culture and environment, the two girls must also grapple with their intense and complex relationship with each other." It sounds like an interesting film, and I'm sure we'll hear more about it soon, as it was the project Keshavarz used in the Sundance Labs. Kudos, Maryam, and I can't wait to see what you make of it!
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!