This should be a good boost for the filmmaker, who won a Berlinale Teddy for her short: El Día que morí. She's currently working on a film called Circumstance, which discusses the current social climate in Iran through two adolescent girls. "As they navigate and rebel against the strict rules of their culture and environment, the two girls must also grapple with their intense and complex relationship with each other." It sounds like an interesting film, and I'm sure we'll hear more about it soon, as it was the project Keshavarz used in the Sundance Labs. Kudos, Maryam, and I can't wait to see what you make of it!
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!