The setup for the movie doesn't sound too hilarious, but I have friends who saw Myers do the Guru character at improv shows in New York, and they loved it. In the film, Mike Myers will play Pitka, "an American who was left at the gates of an ashram in India as a child and raised by gurus." Pitka moves back to the United States, and "attempts to settle a rift between a hockey player (Malco) and his wife, who begins scoring with the star player of a rival team ... Pitka's job is to check that illicit romance and reunite the couple so the star player can lead his team to the championship." Alba will play the owner of the hockey team, and Troyer will play the team's coach. I can't ascertain from the synopsis if Alba will be a love interest for Pitka or not, but I imagine that's the case. Something tells me Mr. Myers has a big say in casting his female co-stars -- Tia Carrere, Elizabeth Hurley, Heather Graham, Cameron Diaz, Beyonce, and now Alba. The guy's living in Maxim World! The Love Guru is due out June 20th.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!