The setup for the movie doesn't sound too hilarious, but I have friends who saw Myers do the Guru character at improv shows in New York, and they loved it. In the film, Mike Myers will play Pitka, "an American who was left at the gates of an ashram in India as a child and raised by gurus." Pitka moves back to the United States, and "attempts to settle a rift between a hockey player (Malco) and his wife, who begins scoring with the star player of a rival team ... Pitka's job is to check that illicit romance and reunite the couple so the star player can lead his team to the championship." Alba will play the owner of the hockey team, and Troyer will play the team's coach. I can't ascertain from the synopsis if Alba will be a love interest for Pitka or not, but I imagine that's the case. Something tells me Mr. Myers has a big say in casting his female co-stars -- Tia Carrere, Elizabeth Hurley, Heather Graham, Cameron Diaz, Beyonce, and now Alba. The guy's living in Maxim World! The Love Guru is due out June 20th.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!