Nath says: "As a student of films, I had watched this great classic 20 times." It's not quite the viewing numbers of ultimate fandom, but the man has other things to do. The plan for this remake is to switch it up a little -- exchanging the Tangiers-inspired Rick's Cafe for a beachside restaurant in India and WWII for the ethnic conflict in Sri Lanka (where Tamils have been fighting for a separate homeland). That being said, the film won't delve into the politics of the conflict, but just use it as a modern backdrop. Starring Suresh Gopi in Bogey's role and Mandira Bedi in Ingrid Bergman's role, Ezham Mudra will start shooting next month for release next year. I wonder if it will be dark and shadowy, like the original, or infused with that Bollywood color?
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!