As we know, Vardalos wrote and starred in the movie, while couple Hanks and Wilson produced it along with Gary Goetzman. They claim that they are still owed their "share of net profits" -- the lawsuit says that the movie cost $5 mil, we know that the film grossed well over $350 million and they say that Gold Circle Films claims that the gross receipts total $287 million. That's a bit of a discrepancy. Of course, the company is saying that the suit is bull, or rather, "frivolous" and "completely without merit." If they get anywhere with this case, the cash will be awfully handy, since they're coming together again for Vardalos' next project -- My Life in Ruins.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!