Reuters has reported that the 73-year-old Pollack has withdrawn from the film, citing an undisclosed illness. While he will stay on as an executive producer, Leslie Dart is quoted as saying: "He's got some medical issues. He's not feeling well right now. It would be unrealistic for him to go into production right away." The project is a political drama that will focus on the "personal stories of ordinary people caught up in the acrimonious ballot recounts in Florida." Like The Queen, Recount will use archive footage to further the story. Considering the fact that the film will not focus on the headlining names, it'll be interesting to see what Strong has cooked up. Should no further challenges slow the project, we should expect the film just in time for next year's election.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!