Reuters has reported that the 73-year-old Pollack has withdrawn from the film, citing an undisclosed illness. While he will stay on as an executive producer, Leslie Dart is quoted as saying: "He's got some medical issues. He's not feeling well right now. It would be unrealistic for him to go into production right away." The project is a political drama that will focus on the "personal stories of ordinary people caught up in the acrimonious ballot recounts in Florida." Like The Queen, Recount will use archive footage to further the story. Considering the fact that the film will not focus on the headlining names, it'll be interesting to see what Strong has cooked up. Should no further challenges slow the project, we should expect the film just in time for next year's election.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!