CATEGORIES Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Family Films, Dreamworks, Home Entertainment, Remakes and Sequels, Features, CinematicalI'm only writing this news up because I did the same thing for Spider-Man 3 and Pirates 3, but I'd like to take one last opportunity to express my extreme disappointment in Shrek the Third. I'm not implying that the filmmakers were on auto-pilot or didn't care about quality control -- but dang it just wasn't funny. And I really dig Shrek and Shrek 2 a whole lot, just for the record.
But since Shrek went a little more "babyish" this time around, your own tots will no doubt want a complete collection of Shrek's DVD trilogy. And on November 13 you'll be able to get your giant green fists on the Shrek the Third DVD from DreamWorks. (Me, I'll be skipping the purchase, sorry.) According to DVDActive.com, the disc will offer an audio commentary -- although the participants have not yet been finalized. And of course there'll be a bunch of other bells and whistles, some for the kids and some for the adults...
- Three additional (deleted?) scenes
- "Tech of Shrek 3" featurette
- "Shrek's Guide to Parenthood"
- "Princess Bootcamp"
- A blooper reel called "Big Green Goofs"
- Music videos "Donkey Dance" and (ugh) "Dancing Babies"
- "Worcesterhsire Yearbook"
- Four random little things for the kids (which they'll never bother with)
- DVD-ROM content
- Widescreen anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio
- DVD case and receipt