The movie, which will begin production soon, is based on some real-life experiences of screenwriter John 'J.D.' Drury. Simply enough, the flick is set in 1984 and deals with the theft of a surfboard from a Ventura beach, and how the owner and his friends drive to the San Fernando Valley to get it back. It might seem like a simply dumb premise, but considering what others have made from simplicity (Dazed and Confused), this could go either way. Directed by Sam Pillsbury, Bummer is going to have close ties to Vans Warped Tour, including covers by Vans performers and a connection in the marketing and promotion of the movie.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!