The movie, which will begin production soon, is based on some real-life experiences of screenwriter John 'J.D.' Drury. Simply enough, the flick is set in 1984 and deals with the theft of a surfboard from a Ventura beach, and how the owner and his friends drive to the San Fernando Valley to get it back. It might seem like a simply dumb premise, but considering what others have made from simplicity (Dazed and Confused), this could go either way. Directed by Sam Pillsbury, Bummer is going to have close ties to Vans Warped Tour, including covers by Vans performers and a connection in the marketing and promotion of the movie.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!