The movie, which will begin production soon, is based on some real-life experiences of screenwriter John 'J.D.' Drury. Simply enough, the flick is set in 1984 and deals with the theft of a surfboard from a Ventura beach, and how the owner and his friends drive to the San Fernando Valley to get it back. It might seem like a simply dumb premise, but considering what others have made from simplicity (Dazed and Confused), this could go either way. Directed by Sam Pillsbury, Bummer is going to have close ties to Vans Warped Tour, including covers by Vans performers and a connection in the marketing and promotion of the movie.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!