Competition director Daniel Casagrande says: "We aren't looking for the next Brokeback Mountain. We are just looking for films that accurately portray gay characters or themes." He expects that 10-12 films will be candidates for the award in this first year, a prize which is eligible to any main competition contender. This isn't the first film fest to create such an award. Berlin has had a Teddy Award for over two decades. Well, Germany was way ahead of the times, but Venice has trumped with a better name. Who wants a teddy? It just brings to mind fat presidents and women's lingerie -- not a pair I think any of us want to think of at the same time.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!