The latest word is that the film, which also stars Run Lola Run's Moritz Bleibtreu and Munich's Ayelet Zurer, is that it's planned to premiere at the Berlin Film Festival next February. While it might seem like any other Holocaust movie, Resurrected is a pretty big deal because it's said to be the first time that German and Israeli filmmakers have come together to film the subject. It's also considered quite risky; a German critic wrote that it is a "risky tightrope walk which, if it is too funny, is in danger of mocking Holocaust survivors, if it is too serious, misrepresents the character of the book." Personally, I love the mix of the story and the cast, and can't wait to see Goldblum and Dafoe on-screen together. Hopefully it will have a better initial reception than Yoram Kaniuk's book originally did -- it had flopped: "At that time no one in Israel wanted to hear victims' stories."
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!