Created by Dan Brereton, The Nocturnals ran from 1994-1995 as part of a six-part miniseries for Malibu Comics. The story focused on a fictional California town overrun by a supernatural phenomena, with leader Doc Horror and his gang battling your usual assortment of supernatural baddies. Some of the main characters include a gun-slinging scarecrow, a Komodo Dragon-boy and a bad-ass tadpole called Starfish. So if nothing else you have to give Brereton credit for originality. Avary has wrapped up work on Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf, and he'll next be moving on to a big-screen version of the video game Driver. So even if Avary manages to put a deal in place for Nocturnals, it could still be some time before a feature film makes its way to theaters.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!