I somehow managed to miss both film versions of The Punisher, but I've heard they kind of live up to their names. Was John Travolta as ridiculous in the 2004 version as he looked in the previews? I can't say the thought of this new one is thrilling me, either. I was intrigued when John Dahl was going to direct it. But as Jessica told you last month, he decided the script, written by Stuart Beattie, Jonathan Hensleigh and Kurt Sutter, was "not that good." Yikes. A little wikipedia research reveals that what little I remember about The Punisher is accurate: he "considers killing, kidnapping, extortion, coercion, threats of violence and torture as acceptable crime-fighting tactics." Hey, whatever pays the bills. Ray Stevenson is probably a better choice than Thomas Jane, but don't you think a perfect selection would be Henry Rollins? How has that guy not been considered?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!