Bloody Disgusting is reporting that the sequels will be written and directed by Joel Soisson, who has had writing and/or directing credits on a number of direct-to-DVD horror sequels including Hollow Man 2, Dracula 2000 (and its two sequels), Mimic 2, and several entries in the The Prophecy series; a franchise that had some pretty decent entries early on. This guy's pretty much the sequel king. The films will be called Pulse: Afterlife, which deals with a society that is afraid to use technology for fear of confronting the spirits that escaped into our world in the previous film and Pulse: Invasion, which is about a teenager who flees the safety of a relocation camp to return to the city. You can read the synopses here, although the Afterlife summary is especially vague. The more I read about this project, the further my interest wanes. Fond as I was of Pulse I don't think it merited any kind of sequel, direct-to-DVD or otherwise.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!