I had never heard of the musical Nine before, which was originally staged on Broadway in 1982 starring Raul Julia (sigh ... I miss him) and won several Tony awards. The New York Public Library site has a very revealing photo of Anita Morris from the production. Like the Fellini movie, Nine is about a film director (not at all like Fellini) who is blocked on his current project and finds help by fantasizing about the women from his past. A 2003 revival starred Antonio Banderas. No news yet on casting -- I'm wondering if Banderas is still considered a viable option for the lead in the movie. I like him even in dumb movies like Take the Lead, and it would be delightful to see him in a musical like this one. The Weinstein Company says that the casting choices will influence whether the movie is released at the end of 2008 or later, and I am sure that with Marshall at the helm, they are thinking "Oscar season."
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!