It's not official, so this could very well be a bunch of malarkey, but it's an interesting notion. DiCaprio has already taken on one racy, iconic figure, albeit a much more instable one, playing Howard Hughes for The Aviator. Age-wise, he can hit a lot more of the younger days than some of the other possibilities, but it all comes down to how well he can pull of Hef's shtick. Not every man can put on a saucy robe, chew on a pipe and make it look natural. I imagine that will be one of the film's big obstacles -- having someone embody Mr. Hefner, take on all of the man's quirky style, and still make it seem like Hef himself, and not a caricature. Could DiCaprio do it? After his portrayal of Hughes, I'm inclined to think he could.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!