It's not official, so this could very well be a bunch of malarkey, but it's an interesting notion. DiCaprio has already taken on one racy, iconic figure, albeit a much more instable one, playing Howard Hughes for The Aviator. Age-wise, he can hit a lot more of the younger days than some of the other possibilities, but it all comes down to how well he can pull of Hef's shtick. Not every man can put on a saucy robe, chew on a pipe and make it look natural. I imagine that will be one of the film's big obstacles -- having someone embody Mr. Hefner, take on all of the man's quirky style, and still make it seem like Hef himself, and not a caricature. Could DiCaprio do it? After his portrayal of Hughes, I'm inclined to think he could.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!