It's not official, so this could very well be a bunch of malarkey, but it's an interesting notion. DiCaprio has already taken on one racy, iconic figure, albeit a much more instable one, playing Howard Hughes for The Aviator. Age-wise, he can hit a lot more of the younger days than some of the other possibilities, but it all comes down to how well he can pull of Hef's shtick. Not every man can put on a saucy robe, chew on a pipe and make it look natural. I imagine that will be one of the film's big obstacles -- having someone embody Mr. Hefner, take on all of the man's quirky style, and still make it seem like Hef himself, and not a caricature. Could DiCaprio do it? After his portrayal of Hughes, I'm inclined to think he could.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!