The poster itself doesn't hide from the fact that All the Boys Love Mandy Lane is a horror film, perhaps with a slight twist of dark humor. I like the limited color palette and the fiery look of the background color. I hope that in the actual printed poster, the "D" in "Dying" doesn't look so much like an "L," though, because it confused me at first glimpse. The focus is on the sultry, shadowy image of Amber Heard in the title role, as a high-school girl whose weekend getaway with a group of friends turns into nightmarish horror. The film, directed by Jonathan Levine, was shot around Austin and includes a cameo from musician Robert Earl Keen, so although I'm not a big horror-movie fan I may check it out when it hits local theaters. Keep an eye out next week for a Cinematical interview by James Rocchi with Mandy Lane's screenwriter, Jacob Forman.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Green Lantern' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' Behind-the-Scenes Fun - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Was Almost a Racy TV Series - POPSUGAR
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con - HitFix
- 35 Times Ron Burgundy Made You Crack Up - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!