The poster itself doesn't hide from the fact that All the Boys Love Mandy Lane is a horror film, perhaps with a slight twist of dark humor. I like the limited color palette and the fiery look of the background color. I hope that in the actual printed poster, the "D" in "Dying" doesn't look so much like an "L," though, because it confused me at first glimpse. The focus is on the sultry, shadowy image of Amber Heard in the title role, as a high-school girl whose weekend getaway with a group of friends turns into nightmarish horror. The film, directed by Jonathan Levine, was shot around Austin and includes a cameo from musician Robert Earl Keen, so although I'm not a big horror-movie fan I may check it out when it hits local theaters. Keep an eye out next week for a Cinematical interview by James Rocchi with Mandy Lane's screenwriter, Jacob Forman.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!