Despite Baldwin's many talents and a solid cast that includes Anthony Hopkins as Daniel Webster, Jennifer Love Hewitt as The Devil (?), Kim Cattrall, Dan Aykroyd and Jason Patric, the film has been called "one of the greatest train wrecks of all time." Where did it all go wrong? Apparently producers didn't like the more serious cut Baldwin submitted, and they recut the film into a pure comedy. Baldwin was naturally upset. To make matters worse, two of the films investors became entangled in legal woes after they were investigated for bank fraud. On top of all that, one of Baldwin's producing partners sued him for her cut. A source close to Baldwin tells the New York Post: "Alec doesn't recommend unrecognizable films to his fans. This is not an Alec Baldwin film. He's in the movie but he has nothing to do with it. His name was taken off as producer and director six years ago, but he couldn't get it taken off as an actor." So, I have to ask ... if any of you live in one of the six cities listed above and don't mind taking one for the team -- would you check it out and tell us if it's as bad as it sounds?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!