These days, If there is any horse story that people well beyond the world of thoroughbred racing would know -- it's Barbaro's. Last year, he was an undefeated horse heading into the Kentucky Derby. He won the race with ease, won the hearts of horse fans and headed to the Preakness Stakes as the big favorite. After a false start, Barbaro was led back to the gate, the race began, and he quickly shattered his right hind leg. That's serious but manageable for humans, but it's pretty deathly for horses. For a while, however, it seemed as if he might make it -- there were a number of surgeries and things seemed to be going well. Then serious complications arose in January of this year, and Barbaro was euthanized. The end. As great as the advances in horse care are, accomplishments that let him fight as long as he did, I really don't see how they can provide enough to keep moviegoers from diving for the razor blades.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!