These days, If there is any horse story that people well beyond the world of thoroughbred racing would know -- it's Barbaro's. Last year, he was an undefeated horse heading into the Kentucky Derby. He won the race with ease, won the hearts of horse fans and headed to the Preakness Stakes as the big favorite. After a false start, Barbaro was led back to the gate, the race began, and he quickly shattered his right hind leg. That's serious but manageable for humans, but it's pretty deathly for horses. For a while, however, it seemed as if he might make it -- there were a number of surgeries and things seemed to be going well. Then serious complications arose in January of this year, and Barbaro was euthanized. The end. As great as the advances in horse care are, accomplishments that let him fight as long as he did, I really don't see how they can provide enough to keep moviegoers from diving for the razor blades.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!