Hoskins has worked with Zemeckis before, he played Eddie Valiant in one of my favorite films -- Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Asked about his role in A Christmas Carol, Hoskins says "He (Zemeckis) wants me to play Mr Fezziwig. He's doing it in that way he did Polar Express. You stand in a box with that funny suit on and it reads everything you do...Am I going to do it? Of course I am!" Hoskins as Fezziwig -- I like it. I'm not sure when Zemeckis decided motion capture is the only way to make films. I sure do hope he returns to traditional filmmaking at some point, the guy's made some great movies. I suppose he's got every reason to go back to the Christmas well after the seasonal success of Polar Express in IMAX. I liked Polar Express and all (the bizarre "Hot Chocolate!" musical number excluded), but does the world really need another version of A Christmas Carol? That has got to be one of the most filmed stories of all time. I guess it does generally work, especially when Bill Murray or The Muppets are involved. Would you guys see this one?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Green Lantern' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' Behind-the-Scenes Fun - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Was Almost a Racy TV Series - POPSUGAR
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con - HitFix
- 35 Times Ron Burgundy Made You Crack Up - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!