Billy the Kid (pictured at right) took home the Best Documentary Feature prize. The film, which follows a teenage boy in Maine, also won the documentary jury prize at SXSW this year. Monika Bartyzel caught a screening at Hot Docs and said, "Watching this documentary is an exercise in restraint -- the restraint not to write down everything that Billy says." The film is directed by first-timer Jennifer Venditti, and has stirred up some controversy lately for potentially exploiting its subject. LAFF has not yet announced its audience awards but will wait until Sunday, the festival's closing night.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!