As we all know now, the film has had a "troubled" history to put it lightly, culminating in the addition of Warner Bros. favorite action duo, The Wachowski Brothers to help out with the film's action sequences. Hirschbiegel is still credited as the film's director, but gossip had The Wachowski's pretty much remaking the entire film with the help of V for Vendetta director James McTeigue. Of course, early reviews calling The Invasion "one of the most misguided and ultimately terrible genre films in years" are probably not going to help with public perception. Thanks to Jennifer we now know that the news about the movie isn't all bad and after watching the trailer I have to admit my hopes were definitely raised a little. Invasion is set for release on the relatively "competition-free" date of August 17, where it will go up against the Frank Oz comedy Death at a Funeral and Superbad. So, it hardly looks like they will be competing for the same audience. Considering what the film has been through already, you can't blame WB for wanting to hedge their bet just a little.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!