As we all know now, the film has had a "troubled" history to put it lightly, culminating in the addition of Warner Bros. favorite action duo, The Wachowski Brothers to help out with the film's action sequences. Hirschbiegel is still credited as the film's director, but gossip had The Wachowski's pretty much remaking the entire film with the help of V for Vendetta director James McTeigue. Of course, early reviews calling The Invasion "one of the most misguided and ultimately terrible genre films in years" are probably not going to help with public perception. Thanks to Jennifer we now know that the news about the movie isn't all bad and after watching the trailer I have to admit my hopes were definitely raised a little. Invasion is set for release on the relatively "competition-free" date of August 17, where it will go up against the Frank Oz comedy Death at a Funeral and Superbad. So, it hardly looks like they will be competing for the same audience. Considering what the film has been through already, you can't blame WB for wanting to hedge their bet just a little.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!