The premise is simple -- Mandy, played wonderfully by Amber Heard -- is the easily-loved popular girl who is admired by all men, and loved by the popular and loner alike. However, there's a bit of darkness that surrounds the girl -- the film starts with a death due to her appeal -- which is never good when kids are planning for a weekend in seclusion. She, her unpopular best friend and some group of popular kids head to a ranch and start getting picked off while Levine channels a bunch of horror films from the past. Heck, there are even a few scenes that were even dead-on homages to Dazed and Confused. While it is, by no means, immensely original, it's entertaining in a way that many of the current horror movies aren't. Then again, I'd take Scream over the present torture porn films any day. Besides, after all the sequels this summer that haven't quite lived up to hype, wouldn't something a bit different be a nice change of pace?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!