First, there's a little short called Lance is a Jerk. Rainn Wilson stars as an over-eager personal assistant who just got the job of his life -- working for the famous Tour de France winner. There's lots of slapstick, and staying true to its title, lots of jerky Lance Armstrong, who is not too shabby as the demanding star. But of course, the real spark comes from Wilson, who makes some typical gags seem fresh. Secondly, for all of you Family Guy fans lurking about, there is a short called Life is Short (you can check out a trailer here). Warning: it isn't the greatest of shorts, and is pretty goofy with all sorts of typical jokes. However, it's worth the 12 minutes to see all the bits with the main man himself, Seth MacFarlane, who guest-stars as the short guy's shrink. (There's also a pretty good surprise cameo from a Buffy alum to boot.) Finally, there's a really brief short that is all sorts of wonderful for its simple, clever premise: Specialized Technicians Required: Being Luis Porcar. Luis is a man who does the Spanish dubbing for John Malkovich movies, and in this short, which is only 2 minutes long, he explains his job, while John Malkovich does the English dubbing. It's simple, and much less intricate than Being John Malkovich, but it's definitely funny and I imagine it will hit the net at some point.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!