Where they've failed, Ratner and Hoffman have succeeded -- pleasing not only Grazer, but Hugh himself. Perhaps it's due to all the Playboy pinball he's played, or used to play, as Variety also says that Ratner sent Grazer his Playboy pinball machine. As for the scope, the director says: "Hef came from a puritanical upbringing and reinvented himself to be the godfather of the sexual revolution. He also used his magazine to advocate civil rights and free speech, and put James Brown on his show Playboy After Dark when they didn't put black performers on national television. He broke all kinds of taboos, especially in sexuality. I want to show it all, from the First Amendment struggles to his first orgy to the stroke in the 1980's that almost killed him." It sounds like a little something for everyone! When this project goes into production will depend on which of his two upcoming screenplays gets finished first -- he's also waiting for a caper film to get a re-write, one that might see Chris Tucker acting alongside Sidney Poitier of all people. Now onto the big question: Who will play Hugh?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- Jon Snow with Short Hair - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!