Where they've failed, Ratner and Hoffman have succeeded -- pleasing not only Grazer, but Hugh himself. Perhaps it's due to all the Playboy pinball he's played, or used to play, as Variety also says that Ratner sent Grazer his Playboy pinball machine. As for the scope, the director says: "Hef came from a puritanical upbringing and reinvented himself to be the godfather of the sexual revolution. He also used his magazine to advocate civil rights and free speech, and put James Brown on his show Playboy After Dark when they didn't put black performers on national television. He broke all kinds of taboos, especially in sexuality. I want to show it all, from the First Amendment struggles to his first orgy to the stroke in the 1980's that almost killed him." It sounds like a little something for everyone! When this project goes into production will depend on which of his two upcoming screenplays gets finished first -- he's also waiting for a caper film to get a re-write, one that might see Chris Tucker acting alongside Sidney Poitier of all people. Now onto the big question: Who will play Hugh?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!