In an interview with VH1, the writer/director says that it is like a live-action Looney Toons: "It is a kind of violent cartoon. Clive has this Bugs Bunny quality because he's always getting out of these crazy situations and [at the same time] screwing over Paul Giamatti. We even enhanced that later on in the story: Paul's ringtone is the Wagner [opera parody] 'Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.' It really does have a Looney Toons quality." In fact, VH1 says it's pervasive throughout, having seen 20 minutes of the film: "Owen shoots an oil can, then uses the dripping grease to slide across an entire warehouse floor, shooting bad guys; throws a rope down a stairwell and acrobatically twirls 10 stories, shooting bad guys; breaks his windshield, hits an enemy's truck, flies through both windshields, spins and, yes, shoots bad guys. And oh yeah, he does all of this while holding the baby." It's obvious in the trailer (and this news) that they don't take themselves so seriously, and what could be better than some Toons for the adult set, that ties into our cartoon youth with guns, machismo and kick-ass action?
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!