In an interview with VH1, the writer/director says that it is like a live-action Looney Toons: "It is a kind of violent cartoon. Clive has this Bugs Bunny quality because he's always getting out of these crazy situations and [at the same time] screwing over Paul Giamatti. We even enhanced that later on in the story: Paul's ringtone is the Wagner [opera parody] 'Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit.' It really does have a Looney Toons quality." In fact, VH1 says it's pervasive throughout, having seen 20 minutes of the film: "Owen shoots an oil can, then uses the dripping grease to slide across an entire warehouse floor, shooting bad guys; throws a rope down a stairwell and acrobatically twirls 10 stories, shooting bad guys; breaks his windshield, hits an enemy's truck, flies through both windshields, spins and, yes, shoots bad guys. And oh yeah, he does all of this while holding the baby." It's obvious in the trailer (and this news) that they don't take themselves so seriously, and what could be better than some Toons for the adult set, that ties into our cartoon youth with guns, machismo and kick-ass action?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!