A lot of non-nominees were invited, too. Some of those included are Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carell, Daniel Craig, Aaron Eckhart, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Danny Huston, Christopher Plummer (you'd think he was already in there, too), producers Jonathan Glickman (The Pacifier) and Jane Rosenthal (The Good Shepherd), directors Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights) and D.J. Caruso (Disturbia), composer Carter Burwell (Kinsey), animation cinematographer Sharon Calahan (Finding Nemo), documentary filmmaker Brett Morgen (nominated in 2000 for On the Ropes) and, as mentioned, Steve James (nominated in 1995 for editing Hoop Dreams) and Simon West (shockingly no Oscar noms nor any Razzie noms). This is only the fourth year the Academy has made the list public, and you can see all of those invited here. All of the new members will be officially welcomed at a ceremony this September.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!