According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jude Law and Forest Whitaker have signed to lead a 'futuristic adventure thriller' called Repossession Mambo, which has to be one of the dumbest titles I've ever heard for any movie, let alone a futuristic thriller. The film is about a repo man "made up of artificial organs," who receives a heart transplant and then can't pay the bills, so people start coming after him. Or something like that. The screenplay is from Eric Garcia and Garrett Lerner, and will be directed by Miguel Sapochnik, a former storyboard artist. Universal is producing, and aiming for a filming start in September. As HR points out, Law has a lot of sci-fi under his belt already, having done Gattaca, Sky Captain and Steven Spielberg's A.I. He hasn't done much good sci-fi yet, though.
Law will next be seen in Wong Kar-Wai's My Blueberry Nights and his passion project Sleuth is scheduled for a release in October, but after that his schedule is apparently clear. He's considered a favorite to play Ozymandias in Zack Snyder's Watchmen, and he may still be getting hounded to play General Zod in the Superman sequel, but other than that, the guy seems to be taking his time lining up projects for 2008. As for Whitaker, he's the exact opposite, having already lined up at least five or six projects for 2008, including doing the voice of Wild Thing in Where the Wild Things Are.
- 30 Spooky Movie Couples - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ludicrous Villains That Were Terrible Horror Monsters - HitFix
- 'Cabin Fever' Is Going to be Remade - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Fight Club' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- Key and Peele Are Finally Making a Movie - Vulture
- Meet the Freaks of 'American Horror Story' - POPSUGAR
- The 11 Worst Batman Villains - Vulture
- 15 Pop-Culture Costumes That Take Very Little Effort - POPSUGAR
- 15 New Details About 'Interstellar' - Vulture
- Best Horror Movies Ever - Rotten Tomatoes