According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jude Law and Forest Whitaker have signed to lead a 'futuristic adventure thriller' called Repossession Mambo, which has to be one of the dumbest titles I've ever heard for any movie, let alone a futuristic thriller. The film is about a repo man "made up of artificial organs," who receives a heart transplant and then can't pay the bills, so people start coming after him. Or something like that. The screenplay is from Eric Garcia and Garrett Lerner, and will be directed by Miguel Sapochnik, a former storyboard artist. Universal is producing, and aiming for a filming start in September. As HR points out, Law has a lot of sci-fi under his belt already, having done Gattaca, Sky Captain and Steven Spielberg's A.I. He hasn't done much good sci-fi yet, though.
Law will next be seen in Wong Kar-Wai's My Blueberry Nights and his passion project Sleuth is scheduled for a release in October, but after that his schedule is apparently clear. He's considered a favorite to play Ozymandias in Zack Snyder's Watchmen, and he may still be getting hounded to play General Zod in the Superman sequel, but other than that, the guy seems to be taking his time lining up projects for 2008. As for Whitaker, he's the exact opposite, having already lined up at least five or six projects for 2008, including doing the voice of Wild Thing in Where the Wild Things Are.
- 20 Disney GIFs That Accurately Describe Your Adult Life - POPSUGAR
- Chris Pratt May Be the New Indiana Jones - Vulture
- Celebrities Who Look Like Disney Princesses - POPSUGAR
- Honest Trailer: 'The Maze Runner' - ScreenJunkies
- The Complete History of Comic-Book Movies: 'Batman' - ScreenCrush
- The All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Is Perfect - POPSUGAR
- 11 TV Shows From 2014 to Binge Watch Right Now - Rotten Tomatoes
- Emma Watson Will Star as Belle in Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' - POPSUGAR
- 5 Things From 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer - Vulture
- Photos of 'The Muppets' on 'The Empire Strikes Back' Set - ScreenCrush