In some ways the pic looks similar to one of my favorite films of last year, Sweet Land. It also seems a little like an older film I didn't see, but which was also produced by Nabatoff, titled Holy Matrimony. However, neither of those films were specifically about mail-order brides, and neither of them made a lot of money. Other recent mail-order bride movies that nobody saw include Mail Order Wife (interesting tidbit: this was made by Cherry Road Films, which is also making Joe Carnahan's White Jazz, which Nabatoff is producing) and Mail Order Bride, which stars Danny Aiello. Hopefully, at least for Nabatoff's sake, this remake will be much more popular.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!