Lensing has already started on a propaganda film called The One -- complete, feel-good fare. The movie will details the first Chinese competitor in the Olympic Games -- Liu Changchun. (The first Olympian, Ha Haohua was injured before he could compete and had to attend as a spectator only.) As the story goes, after Japan invaded China, there was a plot to send Changchun to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics in the name of the puppet regime, Manchukuo. A General, Zhang Xueliang, exposed the scheme and sponsored the athlete himself. Li Zhaolin will star as Changchun -- he's actually an amateur sprinter who studied acting. The film will screen early next year and be shown to athletes attending the Games.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!