Lensing has already started on a propaganda film called The One -- complete, feel-good fare. The movie will details the first Chinese competitor in the Olympic Games -- Liu Changchun. (The first Olympian, Ha Haohua was injured before he could compete and had to attend as a spectator only.) As the story goes, after Japan invaded China, there was a plot to send Changchun to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics in the name of the puppet regime, Manchukuo. A General, Zhang Xueliang, exposed the scheme and sponsored the athlete himself. Li Zhaolin will star as Changchun -- he's actually an amateur sprinter who studied acting. The film will screen early next year and be shown to athletes attending the Games.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!