Lensing has already started on a propaganda film called The One -- complete, feel-good fare. The movie will details the first Chinese competitor in the Olympic Games -- Liu Changchun. (The first Olympian, Ha Haohua was injured before he could compete and had to attend as a spectator only.) As the story goes, after Japan invaded China, there was a plot to send Changchun to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics in the name of the puppet regime, Manchukuo. A General, Zhang Xueliang, exposed the scheme and sponsored the athlete himself. Li Zhaolin will star as Changchun -- he's actually an amateur sprinter who studied acting. The film will screen early next year and be shown to athletes attending the Games.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- Jon Snow with Short Hair - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!