Lensing has already started on a propaganda film called The One -- complete, feel-good fare. The movie will details the first Chinese competitor in the Olympic Games -- Liu Changchun. (The first Olympian, Ha Haohua was injured before he could compete and had to attend as a spectator only.) As the story goes, after Japan invaded China, there was a plot to send Changchun to the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics in the name of the puppet regime, Manchukuo. A General, Zhang Xueliang, exposed the scheme and sponsored the athlete himself. Li Zhaolin will star as Changchun -- he's actually an amateur sprinter who studied acting. The film will screen early next year and be shown to athletes attending the Games.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!