The plan is to re-title the movie, and keep the original script as a template -- college friends who reunite for a weekend to attend the funeral of a friend and get reacquainted -- just update it for the new cast, which will be a collection of actors in their 30's. Keeping the funeral angle will, I hope, keep its potential. This will pull the school memories out of the 60's and into the 90's, and music is said to be a big component of the film, although Variety says "the redo may stick with the original's fixation on Motown classics." Regina King (Ray) is already on the cast list as she is producing the ensemble with Reina King (her sister) and Stomp the Yard's Will Packer. She's been in some quality films, as well as her share of fluff, but hopefully King is looking to leave the goofy at the adaptation door. We should know soon enough -- the plan is to get the movie into production by the end of the year.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!