The latest Aniston news is that she's going to produce and potentially star in a country music flick called Goree Girls. The movie comes from a Texas Monthly article in 2003 by Skip Hollandsworth. It's based on a true story about a group of women who were detained in Texas' Goree Prison during the '40's. While there, they became one of the first all-women country and western musical acts. Margaret Nagle (The Lost Boys of the Sudan) will adapt the story. Before some writing work recently, Nagle was an actress in the late 80's and 90's. (If you watched MSCL, you might remember her as Angela's science teacher.) Before Aniston potentially dons some country apparel, we'll see if one of the other films on her production docket actually makes it to the screen -- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is supposed to come out this September in limited release.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!