Speaking of unofficial remakes, I thought I spotted another one when I read that actor/singer Hani Ramzi would be starring in An Officer and Four Cats. It sounded like some strange cross-breed romance in which the Egyptian Richard Gere would cradle four felines in his arms and carry them triumphantly out of a factory -- until I learned that "The 4 Cats" is a Lebanese girl group of singers. Hmmm. (Actually, they look pretty hot. I'd probably go watch this one.) Without knowing the quality of the films, I'm rooting for audiences to support local cinema for the sake of diversity, if nothing else. Only six or seven foreign titles will be released during the Egyptian summer, according to Variety, and they face their own challenges. For example: how will The Simpsons Movie be received, since the original series has never aired there? One thing is fairly certain: Evan Almighty "probably won't see release in Egypt due to local touchiness over religious subject matter," which may be the understatement of the year.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!