Road to Fame started as an idea from Sony exec Ignacio Darnaude (although no word on the screenwriter is mentioned in Variety), and is being produced by Luz María Rojas, whose previous projects include Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Mask of Zorro. The story is about four women itching for fame who get caught up in the frenzy of a nation-wide talent search for a producer's next big film -- although his hot-and-cold lover is expected to nab the role. At least it isn't about reality television casting, which I consider to be a plus. They've pulled together a decent cast for the film as well: Patricia Llaca (Beat), Julio Bracho (Original Sin), Maya Zapata (The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada), Ana Layevska, Diana Garcia (which one, I've no idea) and Daniela Schmidt (Sea of Dreams). While no release date is mentioned, they've already signed Sony Pictures to distribute.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!