Road to Fame started as an idea from Sony exec Ignacio Darnaude (although no word on the screenwriter is mentioned in Variety), and is being produced by Luz María Rojas, whose previous projects include Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Mask of Zorro. The story is about four women itching for fame who get caught up in the frenzy of a nation-wide talent search for a producer's next big film -- although his hot-and-cold lover is expected to nab the role. At least it isn't about reality television casting, which I consider to be a plus. They've pulled together a decent cast for the film as well: Patricia Llaca (Beat), Julio Bracho (Original Sin), Maya Zapata (The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada), Ana Layevska, Diana Garcia (which one, I've no idea) and Daniela Schmidt (Sea of Dreams). While no release date is mentioned, they've already signed Sony Pictures to distribute.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!