Road to Fame started as an idea from Sony exec Ignacio Darnaude (although no word on the screenwriter is mentioned in Variety), and is being produced by Luz María Rojas, whose previous projects include Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Mask of Zorro. The story is about four women itching for fame who get caught up in the frenzy of a nation-wide talent search for a producer's next big film -- although his hot-and-cold lover is expected to nab the role. At least it isn't about reality television casting, which I consider to be a plus. They've pulled together a decent cast for the film as well: Patricia Llaca (Beat), Julio Bracho (Original Sin), Maya Zapata (The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada), Ana Layevska, Diana Garcia (which one, I've no idea) and Daniela Schmidt (Sea of Dreams). While no release date is mentioned, they've already signed Sony Pictures to distribute.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!