Road to Fame started as an idea from Sony exec Ignacio Darnaude (although no word on the screenwriter is mentioned in Variety), and is being produced by Luz María Rojas, whose previous projects include Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Mask of Zorro. The story is about four women itching for fame who get caught up in the frenzy of a nation-wide talent search for a producer's next big film -- although his hot-and-cold lover is expected to nab the role. At least it isn't about reality television casting, which I consider to be a plus. They've pulled together a decent cast for the film as well: Patricia Llaca (Beat), Julio Bracho (Original Sin), Maya Zapata (The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada), Ana Layevska, Diana Garcia (which one, I've no idea) and Daniela Schmidt (Sea of Dreams). While no release date is mentioned, they've already signed Sony Pictures to distribute.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!