City of Ember is a funky-sounding young adult book about an almost light-less city, where there is no moon/star light, only yellowish floodlamps. With the understanding of fire and electricity lost, the inhabitants are stuck in their small city, and live a direction-less, mundanely happy existence -- one that isn't even thwarted by the increasingly empty shelves of their vast storerooms. After 200 years, the people of Ember were supposed to get directions about how to leave, but the corrupt mayor lost them years ago. In typical Y-A fashion, two twelve-year-olds, Doon and Lina, plot to get some answers, foil the mayor and find a way out. So, I'd say Saoirse is probably Lina, and Murray will probably be the mayor, so who would Jones play, because it sure isn't a twelve-year-old! Production will start this summer in Belfast, and 20th Century Fox already has a release date -- October 10, 2008. In the meantime, I'm going to hope for a funky Christopher Pike adaptation to get in gear, and zoom me back to my youth -- one that isn't, of course, anything like Fall Into Darkness.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!