City of Ember is a funky-sounding young adult book about an almost light-less city, where there is no moon/star light, only yellowish floodlamps. With the understanding of fire and electricity lost, the inhabitants are stuck in their small city, and live a direction-less, mundanely happy existence -- one that isn't even thwarted by the increasingly empty shelves of their vast storerooms. After 200 years, the people of Ember were supposed to get directions about how to leave, but the corrupt mayor lost them years ago. In typical Y-A fashion, two twelve-year-olds, Doon and Lina, plot to get some answers, foil the mayor and find a way out. So, I'd say Saoirse is probably Lina, and Murray will probably be the mayor, so who would Jones play, because it sure isn't a twelve-year-old! Production will start this summer in Belfast, and 20th Century Fox already has a release date -- October 10, 2008. In the meantime, I'm going to hope for a funky Christopher Pike adaptation to get in gear, and zoom me back to my youth -- one that isn't, of course, anything like Fall Into Darkness.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!