Jay Reiss is adapting the screenplay and the company has tapped Julian Farino to helm the movie. The director has made a name for himself recently with a number of television stints, heading episodes for Sex and the City, The Office, Big Love and a bunch for Entourage. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information about the project, especially since the book hasn't been released yet. However, Jacobs forays into immersing himself in the Old and New Testament have been mentioned on his and other sites. Jacobs says: "This new book will be a diary of my life as I try to obey the Bible as literally as possible. Not just the famous prescriptions, such as the Ten Commandments, turn the other cheek and the Golden Rule. But the less publicized rules as well: not trimming my beard," which you can see to the right, "stoning adulterers, and bathing after sex, to name a few." I see this going one of two ways. Hollywood either makes this into a total farce that flops, or this could be a really funny social satire, as the writer also says that the book is "an exploration of what is good about the Bible and what is of debatable relevance to modern times." Are there any Biblical elements you're ready to see him live out?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!