Jay Reiss is adapting the screenplay and the company has tapped Julian Farino to helm the movie. The director has made a name for himself recently with a number of television stints, heading episodes for Sex and the City, The Office, Big Love and a bunch for Entourage. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information about the project, especially since the book hasn't been released yet. However, Jacobs forays into immersing himself in the Old and New Testament have been mentioned on his and other sites. Jacobs says: "This new book will be a diary of my life as I try to obey the Bible as literally as possible. Not just the famous prescriptions, such as the Ten Commandments, turn the other cheek and the Golden Rule. But the less publicized rules as well: not trimming my beard," which you can see to the right, "stoning adulterers, and bathing after sex, to name a few." I see this going one of two ways. Hollywood either makes this into a total farce that flops, or this could be a really funny social satire, as the writer also says that the book is "an exploration of what is good about the Bible and what is of debatable relevance to modern times." Are there any Biblical elements you're ready to see him live out?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!