Variety now reports that Holland has been signed to direct a second movie, this one from National Lampoon. It's called National Lampoon's Ratko: The Dictator's Son, and is described as a "college comedy." Oh, dear. When was the last time a National Lampoon-branded film was successful? It was probably back when Holland was still making non-TV movies. Recent National Lampoon films have barely made it into theaters, and most are direct-to-video or made-for-TV, like Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure. The movie National Lampoon's Bag Boy is scheduled for theatrical release this year; perhaps it will turn around the brand reputation, but I think they should have stopped after Animal House and the first few Vacation films. The Ratko project has "direct to video" written all over it, or maybe cable TV if they're lucky. I'm crossing my fingers that The Big One 3 will be as charming as Holland's earlier films, but I'm extremely skeptical about Ratko.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Green Lantern' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' Behind-the-Scenes Fun - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Was Almost a Racy TV Series - POPSUGAR
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con - HitFix
- 35 Times Ron Burgundy Made You Crack Up - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!