Variety now reports that Holland has been signed to direct a second movie, this one from National Lampoon. It's called National Lampoon's Ratko: The Dictator's Son, and is described as a "college comedy." Oh, dear. When was the last time a National Lampoon-branded film was successful? It was probably back when Holland was still making non-TV movies. Recent National Lampoon films have barely made it into theaters, and most are direct-to-video or made-for-TV, like Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure. The movie National Lampoon's Bag Boy is scheduled for theatrical release this year; perhaps it will turn around the brand reputation, but I think they should have stopped after Animal House and the first few Vacation films. The Ratko project has "direct to video" written all over it, or maybe cable TV if they're lucky. I'm crossing my fingers that The Big One 3 will be as charming as Holland's earlier films, but I'm extremely skeptical about Ratko.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!