Variety now reports that Holland has been signed to direct a second movie, this one from National Lampoon. It's called National Lampoon's Ratko: The Dictator's Son, and is described as a "college comedy." Oh, dear. When was the last time a National Lampoon-branded film was successful? It was probably back when Holland was still making non-TV movies. Recent National Lampoon films have barely made it into theaters, and most are direct-to-video or made-for-TV, like Christmas Vacation 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure. The movie National Lampoon's Bag Boy is scheduled for theatrical release this year; perhaps it will turn around the brand reputation, but I think they should have stopped after Animal House and the first few Vacation films. The Ratko project has "direct to video" written all over it, or maybe cable TV if they're lucky. I'm crossing my fingers that The Big One 3 will be as charming as Holland's earlier films, but I'm extremely skeptical about Ratko.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!