The story is set in the near future, when the United States has gone into chaos after the assassination of the president and vice president. The former is killed by a rocket launcher that fires into the south wall of the West Wing, and more creatively, the VP dies when a dump truck, of all things, backs up into his limo. The country is flung "into civil war and a team of special forces operatives try to unravel the conspiracy and save the country." Moverman says: "The premise is balanced by an entertaining storyline that is not some dark and foreboding polemic." Considering the death-by-garbage thing, I can only imagine what the rest of the book reads. But truthfully, I'd rather have a flick on Card's family. According to Wikipedia, it's pretty interesting. His ancestors came over on the Mayflower, and his family later became big LDS'ers (Mormons), some of whom fled the U.S. for Canada years ago to keep up their polygamy practices.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!