After heating up with Spanish bullfights, Meyjes is cooling off with some Viking action. Variety has reported that the Dutch, U.K.-based writer/director is now working on Last Battle Dreamer. Set in 9th century England, the film will be the love story between an invading Viking and an English noblewoman. He wants to cast an American as the Viking (Brad Pitt?), and a British actress as the noblewoman. According to Meyjes: "When I moved to England 10 years ago, I was struck by the countryside, how verdant it was and how tempting it must have appeared to invaders, what a ripe piece of fruit it was." Yes, I'm sure there will be "ripe fruit" in the film. Anyway, he continues: "I thought it would be amazing to do a film about a guy who comes from a barren, flinty landscape, and who falls in love with a woman and at the same time with a certain idea of civilization." Now, I already wondered about Brad Pitt in the role, since he wants an American star (otherwise, there are lots of Swedes who would, funnily enough, make good Vikings), but is there anyone else you have in mind? Perhaps Jason Lewis, as he's the right look, but he's probably not enough of a star. And who for the English noblewoman?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!