After heating up with Spanish bullfights, Meyjes is cooling off with some Viking action. Variety has reported that the Dutch, U.K.-based writer/director is now working on Last Battle Dreamer. Set in 9th century England, the film will be the love story between an invading Viking and an English noblewoman. He wants to cast an American as the Viking (Brad Pitt?), and a British actress as the noblewoman. According to Meyjes: "When I moved to England 10 years ago, I was struck by the countryside, how verdant it was and how tempting it must have appeared to invaders, what a ripe piece of fruit it was." Yes, I'm sure there will be "ripe fruit" in the film. Anyway, he continues: "I thought it would be amazing to do a film about a guy who comes from a barren, flinty landscape, and who falls in love with a woman and at the same time with a certain idea of civilization." Now, I already wondered about Brad Pitt in the role, since he wants an American star (otherwise, there are lots of Swedes who would, funnily enough, make good Vikings), but is there anyone else you have in mind? Perhaps Jason Lewis, as he's the right look, but he's probably not enough of a star. And who for the English noblewoman?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!